Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cambyration 7 - at the Oswego Yacht Club



Once we arrived in Oswego, we docked the boat and went to the Oswego Marina to see about getting the mast taken down. On the way there, we passed several restaurants. Neither Chad nor I had eaten very much on the trip, due to a slightly green feeling, but now there were tantalizing food smells coming from everywhere.

On the way back to the boat, we stopped and had dinner at Coleman's. It was very good, especially after a long day of sailing.

Once back at the boat, I lay down on the deck and just relaxed. We hung for a bit, and eventually I said I thought I'd go up in the cockpit and take a nap until my niece arrived to pick me up (THANK YOU CAROL!)

Chad and Leeann were both concerned that I would be cold and miserable up there, but I assured them I was not being hard core, that I actually preferred it. Each of them at separate times came out and gave me another blanket.It has been a while since anybody actually tucked me in for bed. Very sweet.

I slept like a rock. Usually if I'm woken up more than a few times I can't get back to sleep, but that night I was woken by five different phone calls and each time I fell back asleep into dreams within minutes.

No comments: